Congratulations on starting your home search! Below you will find the most common steps found in any home purchase process. Have a question that isn’t covered or want to set up an appointment to talk in person about your home buying goals? Please contact us and we’d be happy to help!
You should plan to consult with at least two or three loan officers and compare their rates and fees. You want to make sure that you are not only choosing to work with a person with whom you have a great rapport and feel comfortable, but also that you are getting the best interest rate your credit score and choice of loan program will allow and that you are paying reasonable fees for those services.
When you find that perfect home, it’s time to submit the offer. Your NextHome Agent will help you craft an offer just for your situation, and will provide expert guidance every step of the way. (Did you know there are 147 points to negotiate on the standard purchase contract?)
Once your offer is accepted, you will open escrow. Inspections, title, and more disclosures then you every thought necessary all follow. Rest easy knowing your NextHome Agent is on top of everything.
- Title Insurance premium (according to contract)
- Escrow fees (according to contract)
- Notary fees
- Recording charges for all documents in buyer’s names
- Inspection fees (roofing, property inspection, geological, etc.)
- Termite inspection (according to contract)
- Home warranty (according to contract)
- Fire Insurance premium for first year
- Tax proration (from date of acquisition)
- City transfer & conveyance tax (according to contract)
- Homeowner’s transfer fee
- All new loan charges (except those required by lender for seller to pay)
- Interest on new loan from date of funding to 30 days prior to first payment date